Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lookin' Good, Lester

You're just lucky I stuck to three pictures of Varitek. Lucky.

Okay, so I'm getting nervous about this trade deadline. Eight days, Dear Criss. On my side, we're talking about Wily Mo and Tavarez. How about you? I've heard about Soriano back to the Yanks (blech), too, but think it may go another direction. But you can keep on hoping. Oh, and now Damon is your favorite?!! I have no comment. No gloating yet. 2 1/2 ahead, and hopefully 3 1/2 tonight, but I hold my breath every time. Your Blue Jays score was - I'm not sure how to descibe it.

So, I don't know how the Sox can go from batting practice against the Mariners (with JVar getting in a home run, too), to hitting the Seattle scene and kinda forgetting about the game. We'll say the Mariners just wanted to give it to them. TONIGHT, our darling 16-year-old-looking Lester (Actually 22, gasp. I feel old when I'm older than pitchers!), will pitch and hopefully make his old hometown area proud with a win. He's good and makes me incredibly nervous when he loads the bases, but I'm sticking with him. GO LESTER!

Did you get to see that catch Schilling made against the Rangers? Wow! Skill, experience or luck?! Nice. I know I'm late, but I saw this pic and had to bring it up. Looks like he's trying to dance.

Roxy

AP Photo, Charles Krupa
Boston Globe, Jim Davis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home