Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Blog Hog Moment: All About the Yankees



Before I go on with my Yankees, I first have to change Big Papi’s name to Big Baby, Dear Roxy. What a freaking cry baby! Grow up, Ortiz!

On Sunday, Ortiz, the Red Sox’ designated hitter, told reporters who cover the Red Sox that a power hitter should win the award over Jeter.

“Don’t get me wrong — he’s a great player, having a great season, but he’s got a lot of guys in that lineup,” Ortiz said. “Top to bottom, you’ve got a guy who can hurt you. Come hit in this lineup, see how good you can be.”

Asked if he cared about those comments on Monday, Jeter said, “Why would I care?” Jeter does not have Ortiz’s power, but with a .346 average, he may win his first batting title. He also has 91 runs batted in.

"I don't have to do it in his lineup," a smiling Jeter said before the Yankees rallied with a six-run seventh inning to beat the hapless Orioles, 9-6, at Camden Yards last night.

So what does Jeter think about that? "I'm not thinking about winning an MVP, I'm thinking about winning the division," he said. "Our focus here isn't on individual awards. We've still got something to play for."

"You got to see Derek do the job," Damon said. "He gets clutch hits and plays Gold Glove shortstop. I am going to choose my teammate."

Jeter said it all!!!!

Matsui is back!!! And the Yankees and Yankee fans couldn’t be happier. He was cheered and given a standing ovation on his first at-bat. And he didn’t disappoint either. He went 4-4 with 2 runs, 1 RBI and BB. Welcome back, Matsui J

The Yankees also scored 9 runs in the first inning. First time the Yankees have done that at Yankee Stadium.

And Abreu had six RBIs in the first inning! Six!!!

Great night.

- Criss

Photos: AP Bill Kostroun/AP Photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home