Thursday, November 01, 2007

Changes

So much has changed since the Yankees lost in the division series, Dear Roxy. We've lost the best manager one could ever hope for, and arguably the best baseball player… ever!

And so we get another Joe; Joe Girardi. I was a bit shocked… just a bit… to say the least. I thought Mattingly had the job. In my eyes, everything pointed to that.

And I won't lie. I am a bit skeptical about Girardi managing now. After all, he did play with many of the Yankee veterans, but hopefully he’ll prove me wrong. He is, after all, a great manager. He did wonderful things with what little the Marlins had, and I only hope he can do the same with the Yankees.

So, with that said… Welcome back, Joe!

And so Joe Torre seems to have a new job with the LA Dodgers. And it seems he's taken a 3-year, $15 million contract. That, my friend, is less than what the Yankees offered him. It goes to show that it was never about the money, but about respect. Something the Yankees forgot to give him. Hopefully Joe will do wonders on the West Coast. Best of luck to him. He'll be greatly missed in the Bronx [tear tear].

And blah, blah, blah on your ARod insults. It wasn’t ARod who came out and said it, it was his manager.

In other news, I know is a bit late but did you see the end to that MNF game? Wow, Favre still got it. That was pretty amazing.

And in basketball news, hopefully tonight will be the start of a great season for the Miami Heat, especially after that horrific pre-season.

And I cannot wait for Sunday at 4pm! You and Me; Tom and Peyton… it is on! The battle of the undefeated! Blood will be splattered!

-Criss

Photo: AP, Jason DeCrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home