Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rain or Shine - Ben's Ready This Time

Wow, Dear Criss. The Steelers ate up the Patriots for dinner and then licked their fingers! I was so looking forward to this game. I finished all my errands by 3:50 and got home. I sat waiting for the first game to finish on CBS, then the credits rolled. I held my breath waiting for the music to start for my game - and they don't show it. No, they choose to show the stinkin' Jets! I would argue that the Pats-Steelers game was the biggest of the season! And they choose the Jets. Oh my gosh. I freaked. Freaked. Freaked. Freaked. Why would they do that?! It wasn't even a good Jets matchup. And guess what. The Jets lost.

Anyway, I was fine with whatever the outcome would be, but to be honest, I was heavily leaning toward the Steelers because 1) I am a sucker for Ben being the underdog and don't like to see him upset, and 2) the Pats have no chance of winning the Super Bowl (really, not to be mean, but I don't think they can even make it to the Super Bowl). Palamalu made an incredible catch when Cassell's pass bounced off of his receiver and into Palamalu's hands. I am amazed by the score - and in New England! I really thought it would be closer, I don't know, like 21-17, but 33-10? Wow.

As for Plaxico, oh goodness. There are no comments to express the ridiculousness of the situation. I'll let you cover it.

On the Red Sox beat, Derek Lowe's name is being thrown around more and more. I don't care who they bring back from the old days, just RE-SIGN VARITEK!! (Oh my gosh, Anderson Cooper just challenged Michael Phelps on 60 Minutes. Anderson won for whitest skin, but Michael obviously won the swim.)

But anyway, it's Dallas next week for the Steelers, and there's no doubt who I'm rooting for. Go Ben and nice job, Steelers.

Roxy


Photo: Elsa, Getty Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home