Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Good Woman

So you're cutting off Cris Carter in garages, Dear Criss? Nice. My brother was at that game, how funny! I heard the Heat fans all left early, and it wasn't even really full. This town's absurd. You have great stories. That was pretty cool. And good for Zo to call it quits now. He needs to take care of himself, and he does a lot for the community.

How can you not say who you're rooting for?! Actually, to be safe, don't say it. You're right. I can't wait, but I can. I need more interviews, more coverage. I imagine this is going to be media week.

Did you see that Kay Yow, the NC State women's coach, died? I remember during one of the Espy awards, she was presented with the first Jimmy V. Award by Pat Summitt. They showed a great video about her. Coached for 38 years, and fought cancer three times for several years, but this time didn't make it. The best to her family. She was a good lady.

Now for baseball news. Well, Varitek has been made a formal offer, and he better take it! I think he learned a lot from this. It's been a tough time for him personally and professionally. He needs to stay with the Sox, and the Sox need him. I expect a press conference either tomorrow or Tuesday (better be tomorrow). And 'Tek needs a new agent. By the way, why was Papelbon only given a one-year contract?

Nomar was at a Celtics game - in Boston? Is there something we should know? He's not sure if he wants to retire. Perhaps a short-term contract with the Red Sox to end his career in Boston? Would be nice.

So A-Fraud was a prima donna, says Torre? Well a tell-all book by Torre - that's way too long - shall keep the sports news outlets busy for a long time. Tomorrow's NY Post will be interesting. But I think I know all I need to know about the dirty Yankees. Booo!

Roxy
Photo: ESPN.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home