Friday, January 23, 2009

Winter in Miami

I believe every single team I’ve rooted for during this postseason has lost.

Yes, every single one, including the Ravens and Eagles.

With that said, I’ll be keeping the team I want to win in the upcoming Super Bowl to myself. I don't want to jinx it or anything... with all the "reversed" powers I seem to be having lately.

I do have an idea, but that might change once I start watching the game. But I know who you’re rooting for, Dear Roxy. And no more pics, please!

With that said, congratulations to both the Cardinals and Steelers for their Conference Championship win!

Both games were pretty exciting, but that run by the Eagles was pretty amazing. Too bad they couldn’t hold on to it, especially for McNabb.

But it was nice to see Kurt Warner on top again.

And glad to hear Willis McGahee is out of the hospital and will make a full recovery from his collision at Sunday night’s game. Pretty scary to see these types of injuries occur… it never gets easier.

In basketball, I went to see the Celtics-Heat game at the AAA Wednesday night. It was packed – with Bostonians! And I thought South Florida was filled with New Yorkers. They must be down here for the warm weather, although last night was a chilly exception.

Speaking of the Heat, Miami’s own Alonzo Mourning has announced his retirement. He’ll be missed but I think he made a good call. Good luck, Zo!

I saw Tim Hardaway and Cris Carter at the game, too! And Carter actually let my friend and me cut in front of him in the garage at the end of the game. How nice.
-Criss
PS It was great catching up with you... in person. Let's not let 11 months pass by again.
Photo: Lynne Sladky, AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home