Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Record Broken

No need to call the dogs on me, Dear Roxy, I'm here. I'm here to torture you since that's what you want! The Yankees continued to play great in the West Coast as they won 2 out of 3 in Seattle. And while at it, Jeter's 2,674th hit surpassed Hall of Famer Luis Aparicio for most hits by a shortstop! How amazing is that?! I know, I know... you're peeing in your pants from excitement! Congratulations, Jeter! Here's to many more records to break =)

The Marlins are also playing good baseball. Hopefully they'll hang in there and win a spot on the playoffs. How exciting would that be?

And I guess Tiger Woods doesn't win them all. By looking at this picture, do you think Y. E. Yang was excited to win the PGA Championship? Congratulations to Yang for doing what seemed impossible! By doing so, he became the first Asian to win one of golf's majors.

The Dolphins are playing tonight. I'll be watching the game back and forth. While I agree with you that pre-season games are kind of boring, I want to see what the Dolphins are bringing to the table this year. Hopefully it'll be great stuff. I'm excited.

And the USA soccer team got beat by Mexico again! They played well enough to win, but like many times before, they gave away the winning goal just minutes before the end of regulation! Argh. They're going to have to do better than that if they want to be contenders in the World Cup.
And how can I forget about Jamaica's Usain Bolt? He ran the the 100-meter final at the World Championships in 9.58 seconds, breaking the record he broke during the 08 Olympics!!! This guy is too fast for words!

-Criss
PS: And don't tell me Youk didn't deserve to be suspended for charging pitcher Rick Porcello? I'll charge you if you do. jk!
Photos: John Froschauer; Robyn Beck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home