Sunday, October 11, 2009

Down and Out in - Boston.

Hey - who's that guy at the bottom of the picture with the scruffy beard? Oh, it's Varitek! What - he wasn't catching today when we lost? What about the last game and the one before? No kidding?! What was the common denominator here versus previous championship years? Hm, let me think. Looks like to me, having him in makes a difference. Call me crazy. And him not hitting - before you bring up that excuse - is not the reason for the team's demise this year. No, Dear Criss, other bats need to be active. Varitek's batting average didn't bring this team down.

The Pats? Well, apparently they were depressed about the Sox. (At least the Steelers cheered me up a little.) The 49ers have a better record than the Pats! And I'm not knocking them. You know I have a soft spot for them since Steve, Joe and Jerry.

So, like you said, I would know if we would win today just by reading the Sox roster and looking for the starting catcher - even if I tried to hold onto some hope. The roster never lies. And Papelbon? Don't get this broken record started. Trade everyone except Dusty, Jacoby, Lester and Youk. Varitek's gonna retire anyway.

Go Twins.

Roxy

Photo: Getty Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home