Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hard Worker

I'm going to invite your sister to my wedding and leave you off the guest list someday because of what we shall affectionately call The Pats Incident, Dear Criss. Maybe someday, when I'm 85, I'll learn to get over it. (Violin music here.) Actually, next year, I am going to force you to come with me to Boston to see a Dolphins game at Foxboro. (COME ON!!! Let's do it!)

Whoa, I read about Chris Henry. That's so sad. The stories that are coming out of the NFL are just heartbreaking. I was at a store last weekend where they were playing an old Super Bowl game by the dressing room (presumably to entertaining impatient husbands/boyfriends), and it was truly haunting to see McNair on t.v. Then they showed Georgia Frontiere, too, and I wondered what happened to her. Well, apparantly it's been almost a year since she died. I liked seeing her because I thought it was so cool that a woman was an NFL owner.

And in the Red Sox category, look at what I just read in The Boston Globe:

"According to a source, Varitek last season suffered from a bulging disc in his neck, inflammation from a pre-existing labrum tear in his left shoulder and, later, a broken bone in his toe."

He's a trooper - and a little crazy. He's a hard worker, even if he didn't put up Barry Bonds figures.

Roxy


AP photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home