Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Heat on Fire

Hey, Roxy. I got a last-minute invitation to the Heat game last night. They started off so bad, but pulled through in the third quarter. They must have had an earful from Pat in the locker room. Needless to say, it was pretty good. Big props to my homey Wade for an awesome block last night... lol.
And that, my friends, is me covering the NBA for the rest of us, since Roxy can't. Oh, I saw UM's QB Kyle Wright and El Duque Hernandez...

That reminds me, a looong time ago while El Duque was still with the Yankees, I was driving to work when I him driving his black Lincoln Navigator. I chased him down until we stopped at a red light. Our cars were next to each other so I waved at him. He was nice enough to put his window down and said hi back to me. I told him how great he was for the Yankees and that I really liked him... He said thank you and we waved good bye as we went our separate ways...

That gangsta story is pretty funny. But what's funnier is you trying to repeat gangsta. (If anybody knows Roxy, they know that is soooo not her). Anyway, I like the Steelers' chances. I think they are even favored to win. You're gonna love this: Darrell told me that last year when Jerome Bettis was to retire, Benny told him not to. To give him a chance and that they would go all the way to the Superbowl the next year. And here they are. Nobody knew this until last week. Oh, and that when they won the wild-card game, Benny gave the game ball to Jerome and told him there were three more to come... How about that?

Can't go against that!
-Criss

AP Photo: J. Pat Carter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home