Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Playing Favorites

It's not that Roxy "can't cover" the NBA, she doesn't care about the NBA. I would rather watch golf on mute. Okay, somewhat of an exaggeration and untrue. But I mean, come on. I'm glad you're not jaded like me. Keep on enjoying basketball. I don't mind watching college basketball, and something about March Madness that still seems special to me.

So, what's with this whole Guillermo Mota saga and him possibly not passing his physical and thereby jeopardizing the Coco Crisp deal? That's gonna make me really mad and the rest of the already upset RSN; so Theo better make it work out.

Making fun of my usage of "gangsta," huh?! HA! I laughed. It's true.

And on a football note: Somebody jokingly suggested that perhaps I have ditched Steve Young and moved on to other newer fields of green. Not so! Steve is Steve, Mr. Hall of Famer. The '04/'05 season video and my personal highlights compilation still makes me emotional. Those years were great, but Steve's not playing anymore, and I haven't been this excited about football in a while. I've felt abandoned and old - especially when people like Ben and Tom are mentioning Steve and Joe Montana as people they watched growing up. Hello?! With Tommy and Benny, I'm excited about it again, because, really, I think football is so much better than baseball. (Gasp!) The whole Roethlisberger thing took me by surprise. I was smitten by his skills last season as a rookie, and you can't even pull me away this season. And, yeah, Dear Criss, I heard that story about him and Jerome. Wow. I actually didn't know about the three game balls story, though. Special. (But please don't root for them out loud. You still make me a little nervous.)

I'm thinking t.v. movie.

-Roxy

Photo: AP Photo, Jack Dempsey; YahooSports.com
(Um, what's with all the Seattle photos on the Steelers section of Yahoo?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home