Monday, April 10, 2006

Show 'Em That Smile, Papi

WE LOVE BIG PAPI!!!

Listen, Ortiz is The Man in my book after I read this, Dear Criss:

"I want to finish my career as a Red Sox player," Ortiz said. "I'm going to be around for a while. I'm pretty sure New England is going to take this as good news." (Howard Ulman, AP)

Who could ask for more? Oh, sure, here:

"I feel this is my house and I've got to protect this house."

Papi, you are safe 'til 2010 with an option for 2011. At which point, you better retire wearing that Red Sox uniform. Ulman goes on to write (poetry, Mr. Ulman), "Ortiz says he embraces the intensity in baseball-crazed Boston. 'If you don't want to be famous, just step away,' he said."

I can think of a few people who need to re-read that 10 times.

WE LOVE BIG PAPI!!!

Roxy

P.S. Not caring about Yankee Stadium. Shows their character to abandon it.

P.P.S Yeah, Rory - I'm not cool with what's going to happen. I totally disagree. Leave Jess out of this. I'm so sick of going back to Jess. It's bad enough she went back to Logan. She's setting the women's movement back by 10 years! I'm embarrassed.

P.P.P.S WE LOVE BIG PAPI!!!!

Boston Globe Staff Photo, Bill Greene

2 Comments:

Blogger Noah G said...

"We'll always love big Papi...."

10:14 AM  
Blogger Sporting Gals said...

Papi rocks! He's genuine. Love that. Criss is missing out; it's so sad to live like that.

Roxy

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home