Thursday, July 19, 2007

Panic at the Disco

My old boss introduced me to Panic! at the Disco, but this is exactly how I’m feeling right now. Is that okay? Last week, I kinda thought, Stay composed. Not a big deal, just a lost game or two. It happens. And with every day this week, Dear Criss, the concern has grown into a total panic. Not to mention NY security guard at work is getting a little cocky. Okay, a lot. I had to throw 2004 in his face to settle him down. He felt blindsided.

Now I’m not saying I gave up, I’m just wondering if anyone, say on the Red Sox, maybe got a liiiiittle complacent. Is it wrong to feel this way? I thought I’d check out the overall attitude meter on Basegirl’s site, because she’s up there in Boston and all, and to be honest, I really believe in her open memos/letters to the team and wondered if she had one up yet. While they have a few threats sprinkled here and there, hey, what’s a little motivation? They work in most cases.

So the White Sox are in town. Not going to check the score every five minutes (like last night). I’m going to calmly wait a while and check the ticker. I will enjoy my weekend and hope that the curse of ESPN and Fox have been dispelled. It seems like whenever they show weekend games, we lose the stinkin’ thing. So, as much as I love my games whenever I can get one down here, I’d rather catch a mid-week one.

Okay, I’m going to work on enjoying the weekend. No worries – for about an hour, then I’ll check in.

Roxy

Photo: vintagetshirtstore.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home