Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Blog Hog: The Big Schill

Day 10: Re-Sign Mike Lowell Post-World Series Campaign

Listen up, Dear Criss, we got Schilling back and I feel good about that. Good call, Theo. He better retire next season, 'cause I don't want any more of this letter-writing drama. Now my Papi had surgery and is allowed to be a little dramatic. And Yoooouk? Well, he's only a Gold Glover!

Now for Lowell...

"Epstein has also made it abundantly clear that re-signing Lowell - who has become hugely popular in Boston - is a higher priority than trying to go after free agent third baseman Alex Rodriguez. 'With respect to third basemen, signing Mike is our clear priority,' Epstein told the Boston Herald. 'We're going to work hard at that and really hope to get something done.'" (Boston Globe)

So we've got exclusive negotiating rights until November 12. Hello, people!

And nice work Ben Roethlisberger! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ben beats the Pats by two in December. I know it's crazy, but I think this could be the big upset of the year. Let's not forget how well Ben's doing. I mean I'm not blind to Brady's talent, but I'm just saying, I remember the 49ers-Eagles game in 1994, and nobody expected that outcome. By the way, happy super-late birthday to Steve Young (10/11).

Until next time,
Roxy

P.S.
Yes, this is an '80s birthday party for Shonda Schilling, and Varitek is wearing a mullet and parachute pants.


Photo: Jill Goldman Photography, Boston Herald

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home