Monday, January 21, 2008

Giants-Patriots

I know I said I would be rooting for Brett Favre and the Packers but I lied, Dear Roxy. I found myself rooting and pushing for the Giants everytime they had a first down.

And so it is... Giants-Patriots in the Superbowl.

Manning-Brady! May Manning & Company prosper! Plus, watching the Patriots play and win is kinda boring.

Plaxico Burress was amazing last night. And so was Eli, of course. A lot has been said about him and the "lack" of experience and poise, but that was thrown out the window last night. Good for Eli!

Oh, and that crazy temperature last night. I mean, -2 with a windchill of -24! Crazy! I'm just glad I was watching the game in the comfort of my own home.

I also have to mention Philip Rivers. You wanna talk about playing hurt? The guy had arthroscopic knee surgery last week in order to play against the Pats! And not only that, he now needs to have surgery to repair a torn ACL!!! Talk about leaving it all on the field.

Back to the Superbowl. I can't wait to see this matchup again. The Giants showed they can play, and play good football, against your guys. As a matter of fact, for the past two weeks, the teams the Pats have played have shown us that they are, in fact, unbeatable. They've just come short in the end. Hopefully the Giants won't.

And like the US team in Miracle, somebody's gonna beat the Soviets!


Rizzo: Mike Eruzione, Winthrop, Massachusetts
Herb: Who do you play for?
Rizzo: I play for... the United States of America

-Criss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home