Sunday, January 13, 2008

Showdowns!

You want an update on the Heat? They're still losing. Now to the exciting stuff...

I love football. I really do. It's the only sport where I enjoy watching the other games/teams to figure out who's gonna play who. I footballed myself out this weekend. Brett Favre is a maverick. Peyton shouldn't have lost to the Lighting Bolts. Eli in the NFC Championship game?! That boy has matured immensly in his game. It's almost like he then exploded with New England. But can he take on Favre? I don't think so. You know, after so many years of just not being able to stand old Brett (particularly during the Steve Young years), I now have a soft spot for him. Don't mind him much at all these days. I was actually happy for him. If it comes down to him and Brady, imagine what a game that would be. A shoot out by the best of the quarterbacks.

I'm ready to take on LaDanian and his incredible dislike of the Pats. And then there's his QB who trash talks opponents on the field. Hello?! When was Aikman or Young, Montana, Marino or Elway ever talking smack like that? Give me a break. I can barely wait for all these games. So let me guess, Dear Criss: You're going for Eli all the way.

Finally, I know some folks said Romo going to Mexico during the off days with the chick-whose-name-I-will-not-write-here was really not a big deal. I think it was. Maybe some players can handle it, but after a terrible ending to his season last year, he should've been exercising to the Rocky soundtrack everyday. I think he should have remained focused in Texas or the region, ready to take on the G-men. I think it hurt him big time, and I'm waiting for comments from T.O. and Jerry-Sidelines-Jones.

What did you think?

Roxy

17: Getty Images, Jim McIsaac

Moss: AP, Charles Krupa


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home