Tuesday, February 07, 2006


"Something else you might not know: Roethlisberger's already won a Super Bowl. Sort of. 'Threw a pass to Jerry Rice to win it,' Roethlisberger said of the pickup games he and his friends played under streetlights as kids. 'The 49ers were always my team, as they always won the Super Bowl' in those imaginary games."

Wow, Dear Criss, I couldn’t even focus yesterday at work. I was like, "Did that really happen?" It was unbelieveable. I can’t believe the season’s over. No more football?!! Wow. And if I have to hear one more person call up a radio show and complaaaain about the calls, I mean, sheesh. Okay, my fav moment was the trick play with Ben, Antwaan Rande El and Hines Ward. Loved it! Let’s replay that again. Now I know Benny didn’t play like we’ve seen him in the last few games, but people, give the guy some credit! And listen, he set the record for the YOUNGEST QB to win a Super Bowl. This guy has matured so much. Can you imagine what his future holds? No pressure, I mean he already hit the pinnacle. Let’s look at what he did well: he managed to juuust stay in the pocket to complete a great pass under pressure, he sacrificed his body for first downs and touchdowns – credit him with some effort. Did you notice the lack of Ben’s presence after the game? Interesting. He seemed pretty emotional and it reminded me of when Varitek was on the floor after winning the World Series and Millar had to come over and be like, "Hey, man, it’s cool." He needed Millar last night. (And see the connection is forming well. Steve, Tommy and Benny all together last night?! You like that?) I think I even read Coach Cowher’s lips when he said, "Where’s Ben?" It was like a movie. All of it, and they all, especially the Bus, got their happy ending. Great that the team stuck with Cowher all these years.

So whadja think? Did you fall asleep or something?

-Roxy

AP Photo, Gene J. Puskar; YahooSports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home