Thursday, December 06, 2007

Countdown to Pats-Steelers

Okay people, I am now in the 21st century. I have DSL. It's crazy. My life has changed for the better. I don't know what to do with myself. No more breaks to brush my teeth or to run to the bathroom quickly while something downloaded. Whoa.

So, Dear Criss, I purposely avoided being online because I've been nervous about Jacoby. I don't care about Santana - you know why? Because it seems like every star that comes to the Red Sox turns out to be a dud. Our homegrown kids are just fine. Do not touch Dusty, Jacoby or Lester. I nearly had a nervous breakdown at the thought. I still struggle with the possibility that Theo would be so stupid as to not have learned the lessons of the past few years.


You know I completely forgot about the Monday Night Football game with the Pats? The next morning, I held my breath as Regis recounted the game while I sat at the car shop waiting for my car. (Long story about them incorrectly changing my oil.) Scary. But prepare yourself for Pats-Steelers. I forgot my prediction (sticking to it), but I think it was Steelers by three in the last two minutes. I'm not so sure anymore, but if anyone's gonna knock the Pats off, it's the Steelers (so there's some Joe Namath-like guarantees being thrown around, I heard). I'm all about the perfect season, but what about Ben? I'm torn. Whoever wins wins. What can I do? Don't tell anyone I said that.


Roxy

Tom: Stephan Savoia, AP
Ben: Rick Stewart, Getty Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home