Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Game Ball!

Baseball is back! I can't believe it's already been one week... one baseball-filled week, Dear Roxy!

The Yanks were off to a good start till the Rays came to town. They took 2/3 games! The Yanks always have trouble with them. Weird.

Joe Torre as a Dodger seemed strange but he's off to a good start. Kudos to him.

But before the official baseball season started, the Yankees played two exhibition games against the Marlins. I had amazing seats for both games but Game 2 behind first base was definitely the best. Jeter made it to first base at one point, which means he was only a mere 10-20 feet away from me. oh, the memories! And what's a game without some photos? I know you'll enjoy these.
I also had a chance to watch Mussina, Rivera and Joba pitch! The ovation Rivera and Joba received was amazing. It was like being at home! It's kind of sad when you think about it (for the Marlins, of course).
In other sports, I had an opportunity to watch Serena in the Sony Ericcson Open! It was unbelievable to say the least. It was great and hot. We'll talk about my sunburn in another occasion.

Serena, of course, won but not without a battle from Jocovic. Great match! We also stayed and watched the Bryan brothers win in the men's doubles final! And last but not least, what's a game without some "celebrities"? I saw Dwayne Wade (and his bling), Star Jones, Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson!
The Knicks have a new president. I think this means Isaiah is out. Too bad that didn't work out but something needs to be done in order for the Knicks to be contenders again. Come on, it's been forever!
And speaking of the Knicks, former Knicks and current Heat coach, Pat Riley, was elected into the basketball's Hall of Fame! And joining him is Patrick Ewing!!! I loved those two in the great Knicks team of the 90s! Oh, Dick Vitale and Hakeem Olajuwon were elected too. Congrats to all!

I haven't been following much of the NCAA's playoffs, but the two players that caught my attention, Davidson's Stephen Curry and UCLA's Kevin Love, are both out. Good run, boys!

And may the best team win tonight!
-Criss
Photos: Mine


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home